Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
We prefer your initial visit at Equilibrio Health to be in person. Initial visits may be heald through our telemedicine portal for extnuating circumstances. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email contact with their Equilibrio Health provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 48-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr. Pinnavaia, a health coach, or a team member. Canceling within 48-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
It is important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in-network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Equilibrio Health will be billed to you directly and collected at or before the time of service.
Non-Equilibrio Health medical expenses such as lab tests may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Equilibrio Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We can provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Some lab tests ordered by Dr. Pinnavaia will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases, you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab, or through Equilibrio Health.
- Our patients get direct, wholesale pricing on all labs and we have made arrangements with certain labs to allow significant discounts.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Pinnavaia and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- Functional lab testing is an integral part of your wellness plan. Optimal results may be compromised without appropriate testing. We strongly encourage testing as it provides better outcomes.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose, you may continue to work Dr. Pinnavaia in collaboration with your primary care physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed (or hand delivered) to you by Equilibrio Health, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Equilibrio Health is right for you.